“It’s important to us that all new employees feel a sense of clarity, connectedness, and community from Day 1” - Matt Moskal
Equifax has been awarded a Brandon Hall Group Award for Excellence in Human Capital Management specifically in the category of Best New Hire Onboarding for their myOnboarding at Equifax program!
We spent some time with Matt Moskal, Talent, Organizational Development & Learning Consultant, to learn more about the vision and planning that went into Equifax’s enterprise-wide, global onboarding program for new hires.
What are some of the key differentiators of myOnboarding at Equifax?
- It is a true new hire journey experience that spans 1 year with key information, activities, and events mapped to relevant time frames in the new hire lifecycle. You are not expected to become an Equifax expert within your first week!
- All employees around the world participate in the same global experience, in multiple languages, so that all employees are set up for success with equivalent opportunities to succeed from the beginning. This includes an interactive, global new hire orientation held virtually that connects colleagues across countries, regions and business functions.
- We provide innovative ways to learn about the company and connect with our business. Starting with our 360 degree virtual learning program, Equifax Innovation Immersion, new hires can navigate through our global headquarters from anywhere in the world and watch bite-sized educational videos about the founding of the company, how we innovated to where we are today, and how we’re shaping the future with our cutting edge data, analytics, and technology.
- Employees also receive a personalized new hire portal with key training, team, and task oriented information always at their fingertips in one place.
- And lastly, we invite all new employees to our social community where they can stay connected with colleagues they met in orientation and introduce themselves to others who have recently joined to help cultivate a sense of belonging.
What role did you play in the implementation and launch of myOnboarding?
I led the planning, development, design and implementation of this program with Tan's incredible oversight and guidance. Tan Morales, VP of Global Talent Management, and I created a vision for the program through much brainstorming and collaboration and we took the vision to the HR Leadership Team and our L&OD partners across the globe.
What kept you motivated throughout the process and why is this project meaningful to you?
Over the last 6 years I have been involved in work that focuses on improving candidate and employee experiences. I find it highly rewarding to improve processes that directly impact a large number of employees in a significant way. I began working on the project as a new employee myself so I was very empathetic to other new employees' experiences and the challenges faced by our managers onboarding new employees to the company.
What drew you towards working in Learning and Development and what do you enjoy most about your role?
I find it highly rewarding to create programs and solutions that directly impact employee experience. For me that includes making onboarding simpler and more employee-centric, creating a greater sense of belonging, and helping employees reach their professional and career goals through L&D initiatives.
What do you believe differentiates Equifax from an employee experience perspective?
Equifax as a company is focused on transforming away from a traditional credit company and into an innovative tech company led by passionate, bright people. This organizational transformation inspires our "people" approach and how we plan and develop our employee experience programs.
How would you describe the culture here at Equifax?
Fast-paced, innovative, results driven, hungry for growth, and inclusive.
Learn more about available opportunities at Equifax.