Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
Synopsis of the role
The Data Architect is an organizational thought leader recognized internally and externally as the lead designer of our data assets. Leveraging Data Fabric as an enabler for business transformation, this leader is responsible for designing high level data architecture that enables the organization's transformation from a credit bureau to a data and analytics power house. In conjunction with the rest of the Data team, this role will play a critical role in the overall data strategy by staying current on emerging trends and innovation in modern data management methods. Reporting to the VP, Data Modernization and working closely with the IT organisation, the Enterprise Data Architect will be responsible for designing and implementing new data architecture that leverages our investment in Cloud technology, including the development of alternate data exchanges within our Data Fabric, and building more flexible tools to ingest and leverage a broader range of data assets . To support the growth in our data assets and in close collaboration with the Data Acquisition team, the Data Architect will work with Data Engineers and Data Scientists within the Data Modernization team to build a traceable and automated data pipeline with quality built in. To support the robust data environment, this role will work closely with Data Governance, ensuring that there is clear yet nimble oversight, governance and processes to ensure the protection and consistency of our data assets.
What you’ll do
- Design and build new data structures to maximise the value of our Cloud-based Data Fabric to expand into new data sources.
- Design a nimble and flexible data architecture that supports structured and unstructured data, both in the traditional credit world and from alternative sources. With a view to flexible product development, and enabling advanced analytics, the data architect will keep consistency of data assets top of mind.
- Collaborate closely with the Data Acquisition teams to understand the overall data strategy and support through developing strong data architecture plans.
- As the Enterprise Data Architect, work involves developing the standards, tools, and governance for capturing, modelling, storing, and delivering data for the enterprise.
- Develop a high level enterprise data model and conceptual view of related data sub-architectures (e.g.,database, data integration, data warehouse/business intelligence, reporting, metadata, and content management architectures).
- Optimize the overall data/information flow by reducing redundancy and enabling accessibility within security boundaries.
- This role is an individual contributor with responsibility in a highly technical discipline and may manage a small team of employees.
What experience you need
- Proven track record of both business-minded and data leadership.
- Strong understanding of data-driven, technology based product development with 5 to 7 years of hands-on experience designing and building analytical solutions to solve real world problems.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud-based capabilities and platforms (Google Cloud experience is an asset).
- Experience in analytics, software engineering, data management/architecture or similar disciplines and experience in managing technical documentation.
- In-depth knowledge of Big Data platforms such as Hadoop and the associated tools needed for analytics and a good understanding of modern data architecture, data security, and design principles.
- Proven experience with Master Data Management and Reference Data Management.
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies including the creation of epics and user stories.
What could set you apart
- Experience in designing and building analytics solutions to solve real world business problems.
- Creativity, drive and the ability to identify efficiencies and opportunities. The ability to collaborate with multiple teams and get teams to work together.
- Experience in large scale digital transformation initiatives.
- Expertise in the financial services industry or fraud prevention domain.
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Travailler chez Equifax
Nous croyons en une mentalité de croissance. Chez Equifax, cela comprend offrir à nos employés des occasions de donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes et d’acquérir de nouvelles compétences en cours de route pour inspirer et bâtir des carrières épanouissantes.