Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) at Equifax is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Equifax engineering principles.
SRE is also an engineering approach to building and running production systems – we engineer solutions to operational problems. Our SREs are responsible for overall system operation and we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad set of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems, proactive identification, and prevention of potential outages.
Our SRE culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Equifax brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to build an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn, grow and take pride in our work.
What you’ll do
- As lead SRE, manage complex system(s) uptime across cloud-native (AWS, GCP) and hybrid architectures
- Create and maintain cloud infrastructure capacity plans using estimation models that meet the expected service level objectives of the system(s). Operate systems at an optimal cost while maintaining availability targets
- Design and build infrastructure as code (IAC) patterns that meet security and engineering standards using one or more technologies (Terraform, scripting with cloud CLI, and programming with cloud SDK)
- Build CI/CD pipelines for build, test and deployment of application and cloud architecture patterns, using platform (Jenkins) and cloud-native toolchains
- Create the communication narrative to influence product, engineering, security, Cloud CoE, customers for the reliability and uptime issues and improvements
- Collaborate with Business Units and other team members to set SLAs based upon past requirements
- Collaborate and contribute to virtual teams in an opensource/innersource engineering model
- Lead availability blameless postmortem and own the call to action to remediate recurrences
- Build relationships and contribute technically alongside internal/vendor engineering teams. Influence the product roadmaps for external services that systems/services are dependent upon
- Effectively communicate to technical peers and team members in both written and verbal formats
What experience you need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent job experience required
- 8+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud
- 7+ years system administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Terraform, Chef, Ansibleand/or containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- 7+ years of demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security and databases
- 7+ years experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
- 7+ years of proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
- 7+ years of expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Cloud engineer, who has experience in AWS (strong knowledge) / GCP, IAC (Terraform), DOCKER, KUBERNETES, HELM, BASH/PYTHON.
What could set you apart
- You take a system problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience managing Infrastructure as code via tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Passion for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible
- You’ve built software or maintained systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
- Experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team
- Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
We offer a hybrid work setting, comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, attractive paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Travailler chez Equifax
Nous croyons en une mentalité de croissance. Chez Equifax, cela comprend offrir à nos employés des occasions de donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes et d’acquérir de nouvelles compétences en cours de route pour inspirer et bâtir des carrières épanouissantes.