Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
As an Expense Manager you will oversee a Team of Expense Accountants with a focus on ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial details and reporting. As part of our dynamic Accounting Team, you will own the Company’s accounting for all of its expenditures, reporting into the Financial Controller. You will be accountable for managing the capital asset, contractor costs, payroll and intercompany accounting process. It requires an individual with exceptional organizational skills, initiative, and the ability to complete multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment. The Expense Manager must be able to communicate effectively, establish strong partnerships with all the business units and global geographies to work in an integrated and collaborative manner for the purpose of meeting goals, objectives, and enhancing knowledge.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and manage the accounting functions related to costs, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, payroll, tax and general ledger.
- Provide oversight and support to the Accounting and Transaction Processing Teams in AP, Fixed Assets, Payroll and General Leger across multiple geographies including Canada, U.S. and Costa Rica.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial details to ensure accuracy and completeness around spending including Business cases.
- Partner with Finance and IT to ensure accurate cost recording and compliance with US accounting regulations and US GAAP standards of Transformation and other capital projects.
- Prepare, review, and submit monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, including financial statements, to the International Accounting team.
- Review monthly account reconciliations for compliance and directing the resolution of aging and/or reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Assess current practices, procedures and controls, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Research accounting issues and provide recommendations that are compliant with generally accepted compliance principles.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Support the FP&A team in forecasting and budgeting.
- Conduct regular and ad hoc reporting and/or project work involving preparation of insightful financial analysis to support business initiatives.
- Take part in, and occasionally lead, multi-functional projects and business initiatives.
What experience you need:
- 4+ years of management accounting experience.
- 1+ year experience managing a team.
- Qualified accountant (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and a university degree in accounting.
- Proficiency with Oracle Financials system for; Monthly management accounts; Report writing and maintenance; Foreign currency accounting.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
What could set you apart:
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Experience working for a global corporation.
- Familiarity working with an offshore shared service center.
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Travailler chez Equifax
Nous croyons en une mentalité de croissance. Chez Equifax, cela comprend offrir à nos employés des occasions de donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes et d’acquérir de nouvelles compétences en cours de route pour inspirer et bâtir des carrières épanouissantes.