** Do you want to work with the best people, using the best tools, working on the best projects, for the best customers? **
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Equifax engineering principles.
SRE is also an engineering approach to building and running production systems – we engineer solutions to operational problems. As SREs are responsible for overall system operation, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad set of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems, proactive identification, and prevention of potential outages.
Our SRE culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Equifax brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to build an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn, grow and take pride in our work.
What You’ll Do
You will engage in and improve the software development lifecycle – from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
You will influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems
You will support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
You will maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
You will automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
You will practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless postmortems
You will remediate tasks within corrective action plan via sustainable, preventative, and automated measures whenever possible
- English Level Intermediate or Higher
- Practical knowledge with at least one programming paradigm OOP or Functional.
- Experience with other programming paradigms is a plus
- Java related: Spring Boot & Spring Framework, Maven, Groovy (Jenkins)
- At least one cloud provider from the list: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Containers related: Docker, Docker compose
- CI/CD practices and tools: Git, Github, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven
- Agile development practices like Scrum, Kanban and tools like Jira, Trello, Redmine, Confluence
- Linux environments; Processes, Users, Groups, IO streams (stdin, stderr, stdout), Security (permissions, pam), Networking (dns, routes, fw services), Package management (rpm, deb), ACL
- Scripting languages: Bash shell, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Terraform: Modules, Providers (google, kubernetes), Backends (GCS, S3)
- Kubernetes: Deployments, Namespaces, Services, Workloads, Volumes, Controllers, ReplicaSet, Ingress, Networking, Security related (Security contexts, PSP, OPA)
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Firewalls
- Experience working with different Design Patterns and/or Microservices architecture
- Testing automation theory and frameworks
- Experience in Monitoring
Extra Points For Any Of The Following:
- Kubernetes related: Istio, Helm
- Google Cloud Platform related: GKE, Composer/Airflow, DataProc, BigQuery, Cloud SQL, PubSub, Google Cloud Storage
- MMR: 2310-9000 (From Arch to Imm)
- Jupyter related: JupyterHub, JupyterLab, Jupyter Notebook
- Workflow related tools: ServiceNow
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
Travailler chez Equifax
Nous croyons en une mentalité de croissance. Chez Equifax, cela comprend offrir à nos employés des occasions de donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes et d’acquérir de nouvelles compétences en cours de route pour inspirer et bâtir des carrières épanouissantes.