The Assistant General Counsel (AGC) - US Legal position will support the Equifax US Information Services (USIS) business unit, with a focus on data licensing and acquisition, new product initiatives, regulatory and privacy support and developing innovative customer solutions. The AGC position will be a primary negotiator and documenter of data acquisition, third party alliance agreements, and product reseller agreements, while also supporting the development and launch of new products and initiatives providing a key role in supporting various US legal department objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage data acquisition and vendor transactions for the company’s USIS business unit to support product development and customer growth, and enhance the company’s unique data assets.
- Draft and negotiate third party alliance agreements, including co-innovation and product distribution agreement, data evaluation and licensing, and similar agreements that support the company’s development and launch of unique products and services.
- Serve as one of the primary legal contacts for the USIS fraud and identity solutions product team, including supporting new product initiatives, acceptable data use and governance, providing proactive, pragmatic legal and strategic advice, and overall legal leadership to the growing business.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance to various company stakeholders, including product management, privacy, sales and customers, on acceptable uses of Equifax and third-party data assets.
- Support due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions of new US businesses.
- Partner with subject matter experts from across the enterprise, including operations, security, data governance and finance.
- Provide training to the various sales and product teams on legal policies and procedures.
- Contribute to cross-functional or departmental projects and objectives with other members of the legal team.
Experience You Have:
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and membership in good standing of any state bar; State Bar of Georgia is preferred.
5+ years of experience, preferably at a large law firm and/or corporate legal department including the following:
Complex legal and regulatory rules to enable the development of new, innovative products within the legal and privacy framework.
Drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including data licensing agreements, customer agreements and a general understanding of commercial transactions.
Partnership with others in Legal, Risk and Compliance ensuring issues are appropriately vetted and addressed.
Handling complex services arrangements required.
Ability to translate business requirements into contractual language, assess legal risk and work with partners, data licensors and company stakeholders to resolve significant issues and find creative solutions.
Experience with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, CCPA/CPRA and the growing list of US state privacy laws is preferred.
What Sets You Apart:
- Strong business acumen with the ability to draft, review, analyze and negotiate complex contracts in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and organize, prioritize and manage projects effectively in a rapidly changing and pivoting environment.
- Proactively identify issues and challenges in transactions; and equally as important to offer solutions and collaborate with our business partners in solving those challenges.
- Accountability and ownership of projects, with the support of the US legal team.
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Travailler chez Equifax
Nous croyons en une mentalité de croissance. Chez Equifax, cela comprend offrir à nos employés des occasions de donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes et d’acquérir de nouvelles compétences en cours de route pour inspirer et bâtir des carrières épanouissantes.