The Account Manager - State of California GOVT role will leverage current contracts and grow revenue through customer success (CS) activities such as training customers, sharing the value of our data, examining utilization and identifying gaps in coverage, removing barriers through information, data and analytics, and influencing as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor.
In this role, the Account Manager will work with the State Account Executive to target specific areas of opportunity for growth through utilization of our products and services. This is a base + variable compensation based on performance against targets.
What is Customer Success?
Customer Success (CS) is the business methodology of ensuring customers achieve their desired outcomes while using our products or services. Customer Success is relationship-focused client management, that aligns client and EFX goals for mutually beneficial outcomes. A effective Customer Success strategy results in decreased customer churn and increased up-sell opportunities. The goal of Equifax Customer Success team is to make the customer as successful as possible using our solutions and services, which in turn, improves customer lifetime value (CLTV) for Equifax and our partners. The team works to increase adoption of Equifax solutions, support renewal and expansion of contracts and manage executive relations. This includes being an advocate for the customer to various groups within Equifax.
What you'll do:
- Technical Enablement New/Enhanced Implementation: The CS team member assigned to an account will support the initial implementation and rollout of any Equifax solution working directly with the client or in collaboration with a partner. The CS team serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for our products and works with our project manager to plan and execute the rollout of our technology. This Customer On-boarding and Initial Engagement function is normally the first that follows the initial sale of and Equifax solution and any add-on component of it and is normally governed by a contract and Statement of Work (SOW) that defines the deliverables, the timeframe and financial structure for the engagement. The CS team member is an extension of the professional services teams that support deployments from our centers of excellence.
- Equifax Solution Knowledge Enablement: The CS team member provides the customer with the knowledge needed to make best use of Equifax solutions including deep understanding of the implemented solution, customer usage trends, billing methods, and impact of overages that may result from increased usage and records. Knowledge transfer also includes the delivery of formal and informal training on our products and services (i.e. platform and reports or data delivered via our systems). Identifying Growth Opportunity: During the lifecycle of the contract, the CS team member will have direct access to conversations with the customer pertaining to their business and business processes, their needs or pain points, and processes that pertain to the growth of the clients activities or reductions that impact ability to deliver. It is a key function of the role to stand in as a trusted advisor and help identify how our organization can help with an eye towards expansion opportunities that help the client and require either a change in contract scope of feature or function expansion.
- Identifying Churn Risk: Utilizing a Customer Health score the CS team member helps identify areas of risk and potential for churn (or lost revenue). As the main point of onsite contact for accounts, the CS team member has visibility into the possibility of churn/cancelled accounts, budget constraints, etc. The CS team member works with the Account Executive to intervene when needed to help decrease the likely hood of a lost account or decline in revenues.
- Technical Troubleshooting: The CS team member works with the client to address technical/system related issues as well as usability. The CS team member works with the operations manager, product development and other team members to help identify system defects or enhancements. They sit with end users to understand the user experience and help support onsite troubleshooting of any system or data related issues.
- General Account Management Support: While the CS team member serves as an advocate of the client and is assigned to the “account” their is a portion of the day-to-day that is focused on supporting activities related to invoicing, internal reporting, and general account planning. The CS team member manages the day-to-day business relationship between the customer and Equifax. This function operates in parallel with the Account Executive, The Renewal Team and any technical teams supporting implementations and/or identified technical issues. The CS team member serves as the liaison between the client and Equifax and is familiar with the roles of the various centers of excellence and sales teams to ensure proper and prompt resolution of any identified issues.
- Reporting: The CS team member is responsible for the development and delivery of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that summarize the performance of the systems, including transactions, system availability, and trends.
What experience you need:
- Bachelors degree plus 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- Work experience (at least 3+ years) in the government vertical
What could set you apart:
- Experiencing consulting with clients on technology related solutions and identifying opportunities to increase revenue
- Demonstrated successful experience in account management
- Willing to travel 30%
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Travailler chez Equifax
Nous croyons en une mentalité de croissance. Chez Equifax, cela comprend offrir à nos employés des occasions de donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes et d’acquérir de nouvelles compétences en cours de route pour inspirer et bâtir des carrières épanouissantes.