Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
The Assistant Controller supports the Controller in the management of the accounting operations in Canada. Along with the Controller, they are responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all financial data, compliance with both IAS, US GAAP and tax compliance, as well as safeguarding the Company assets through implementing established controlled measures. It requires an individual with exceptional organizational skills, initiative, and the ability to complete multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment. The Assistant Controller must be able to communicate effectively, establish strong partnerships with all the business units and global geographies to work in an integrated and collaborative manner for the purpose of meeting goals, objectives, and enhancing knowledge.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the integrity, completeness and accuracy of financial information and systems of the organization in local GAAP and US GAAP.
- Financial accounting, statutory reporting, consolidation of subsidiaries, management and business metrics reporting, treasury, tax and all general accounting functions.
- Ensure all matters concerning corporate governance are carried out as per company guidelines.
- Responsible for observance of all corporate standards for finance and control areas.
- Perform the posting of monthly journal entries around revenue, treasury and tax matters.
- Participate in the review of revenues, cash collection and bad debt.
- Production of required monthly and ad hoc revenue, treasury and tax reports.
- Review monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Perform and analyze revenue contract reviews.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit outcomes and provide recommendations to improve accounting and management practices within the company.
- Research accounting issues and provide recommendations that are compliant with generally accepted compliance principles.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and tax advisors as required.
What experience you need:
- 7+ years of experience in the accounting field.
- CPA designation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- Strong accounting skills, including revenue accounting and contract review.
- Proficiency in Excel.
What could set you apart:
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Experience working for a global corporation.
- Experience in Oracle Financials and Hyperion Financial Management.
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
El trabajo en Equifax
Creemos en una mentalidad de crecimiento. En Equifax, esto incluye brindar a nuestros empleados oportunidades para desempeñarse al máximo y aprender nuevas habilidades a lo largo del camino para inspirar y desarrollar carreras profesionales satisfactorias