** Do you want to work with the best people, using the best tools, working on the best projects, for the best customers? **
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Equifax engineering principles.
SRE is also an engineering approach to building and running production systems – we engineer solutions to operational problems. As SREs are responsible for overall system operation, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad set of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems, proactive identification, and prevention of potential outages.
Our SRE culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Equifax brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to build an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn, grow and take pride in our work.
What You’ll Do
- You will engage in and improve the software development lifecycle – from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
- You will influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems
- You will support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
- You will maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
- You will automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
- You will practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless postmortems
- You will remediate tasks within corrective action plan via sustainable, preventative, and automated measures whenever possible
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent job experience required
- X+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
- Demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security and databases
- System administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and/or containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Extra Points For Any Of The Following:
- You have expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You take a system problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You have experience managing Infrastructure as code via tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- You are passionate for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible
- You’ve built software or maintained systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
- You thrive in and have experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company and believes knowledge drives progress. We are there at life-defining moments when people are applying for college, interviewing for a new job, buying a home, purchasing a car, or even starting a small business. The products and insights we provide help people all across the world make better decisions, and we are proud of the role we play in peoples’ lives. We power the decisions that move people forward by helping people live their financial best. Won’t you join us?
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally. And, if community involvement and social responsibility are important to you, join us and help create shared value in our global communities! Corporate Citizenship is an integral part of our company. We know through experience that community involvement will increase the quality of your career with us and simply makes the world a better place. If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today. We’re looking for you!
Success Attributes of the Technology organization. Does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
- Ownership (build it, own it, run it)
– Section required
- Competitive pay for performance
- 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative working spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential
- Room for you to do things your way
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax
- And yes, we also have perks such as team activities, volunteer opportunities, awesome parties, great coffee and in some locations, ping pong tables and food trucks
- Not yet Cloud certified? We’ve got you covered with paid sponsorship, resources and training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Please note: This posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience levels.* By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Example: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Dublin, Chile, etc.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
El trabajo en Equifax
Creemos en una mentalidad de crecimiento. En Equifax, esto incluye brindar a nuestros empleados oportunidades para desempeñarse al máximo y aprender nuevas habilidades a lo largo del camino para inspirar y desarrollar carreras profesionales satisfactorias