** Do you want to work with the best people, using the best tools, working on the best projects, for the best customers? If yes, keep reading … **
Equifax is seeking creative, high-energy, diverse and driven software engineers with hands-on development skills to work on a variety of meaningful projects. Our software engineering positions provide you the opportunity to join a team of talented engineers working with leading-edge technology. You are ideal for this position if you are a forward-thinking, committed, and enthusiastic software engineer who is passionate about technology.
What You’ll Do
– Section REQUIRED (customize as necessary)
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and work you're doing
- You have the ability to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- You will need extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
- You are part of a community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- You have a real passion for innovation! Any experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc. will help us on our exciting journey
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Depending on level, you may work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the team
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
– Section required (customize as necessary)
- BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required
- X+ years’ experience in …
- You have experience developing accessible technologies
- You are interested and able to learn other coding languages as needed
- You can write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- You have experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- You adore working in a fast paced and agile development environment
- You possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- You have detailed knowledge of modern software development lifecycles including CI / CD
- You have the ability to operate across a broad and complex business unit with multiple stakeholders
- You have an understanding of the key aspects of finance especially as related to Technology. Specifically including total cost of ownership and value
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, and have a real passion for actively learning and researching new methods of work and new technology
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
Extra Points for any of the Following
– (Optional; customize as necessary)
The list below is extensive, which is indicative of the number of technologies we currently use across our projects and also highlights the size of the diverse opportunities we can offer you. While we wouldn't expect anyone to know of all of these, if your experience includes some of the below, we would love to talk to you: <REMOVE OR ADD as appropriate for role(s)>
- Source code control management systems (e.g. SVN/Git, Subversion) and build tools like Maven
- Big Data, Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, Neo4J)
- Design patterns
- Agile environments (e.g. Scrum, XP)
- Software development best practices such as TDD (e.g. JUnit), automated testing (e.g. Gauge, Cucumber, FitNesse), continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD)
- Linux command line and shell scripting languages
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL)
- Cloud computing, SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Atlassian tooling (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
- Experience working in financial services
- Assembly, JCL, CICS, VSAM, Expeditor,CA7, File-Aid in a mainframe
- Experience in COBOL, DB2 in a mainframe environment
- Developing with modern JDK (v1.7+) or ScalaJa
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka and/or Hadoop or NoSQL such as Cassandra
- Experience working with open source frameworks; preferably Spring, though we would also consider Ruby, Apache Struts, Symfony, Django, etc.
- Automated Testing: JUnit, Selenium, LoadRunner, SoapUI
- Strong knowledge of appropriate programming and scripting languages – Be proficient in .Net, .Net framework 4.5, WCF or related technology, AJAX, and JSON, and some type of automated testing
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company and believes knowledge drives progress. We are there at life-defining moments when people are applying for college, interviewing for a new job, buying a home, purchasing a car, or even starting a small business. The products and insights we provide help people all across the world make better decisions, and we are proud of the role we play in peoples’ lives. We power the decisions that move people forward by helping people live their financial best. Won’t you join us?
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace with innovation. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally. And, if community involvement and social responsibility are important to you, join us and help create shared value in our global communities! Corporate Citizenship is an integral part of our company. We know through experience that community involvement will increase the quality of your career with us and simply makes the world a better place. If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today. We’re looking for you!
Success Attributes of the Technology organization. Does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
- Ownership (build it, own it, run it)
- Competitive pay for performance
- 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative working spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential
- Room for you to do things your way
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax
- And yes, we also have perks such as team activities, volunteer opportunities, awesome parties, great coffee, and in some locations, ping pong tables and food trucks
- Not yet Cloud certified? We’ve got you covered with paid sponsorship, resources and training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Please note: This posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience levels.* By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Example: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Dublin, Chile, etc.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, service in the Armed Forces, protected veteran status, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status or any other status protected by law.
For US Applicants
If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please view ourEEO Policy Statement, EEO is the Law Declarations, and Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or applicant for employment, please contact us by sending an email to GTA@equifax.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Equifax participates in E-Verify and Right to Work (English and Spanish).