The Event Manager plans and leads a wide range of marketing events, including the annual VINE Conference, channel partner events, industry conferences, and internal team events. The Event Manager oversees all aspects of event planning and management for the Insights division of Workforce Solutions. The ideal candidate must be extremely organized and be able to manage the budgets, logistics and deadlines of multiple events simultaneously.
Who is Insights, An Equifax Company?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, financial institutions, government agencies and consumers make critical decisions with greater confidence.
Insights is a division of Workforce Solutions, Equifax's largest and fastest-growing business unit. Insights delivers breakthrough data and analytics to reduce people-based risk, mitigate fraud and meet compliance mandates. As the nation’s most comprehensive and trusted source of risk and criminal justice intelligence, we offer timely, reliable insights through vertical partners on AI-driven, SaaS-based cloud architecture. We enable commercial enterprises and government agencies to build trust and safety while improving operational efficiencies.
To accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference. We are looking for talented team players to join us as we deliver on our mission of using data and technology for good.
What you'll do:
- Oversight for 30+ national conferences and 60+ state/regional conferences annually
- Responsible for managing $750,000 annual marketing budget
- Manage corporate sponsorship and membership programs with key partner associations, such as NOVA, EVAWI, PBSA, CDIA, NCQA, HCCA, etc.
- Manage the conference selection process to align with Insights’ go-to-market strategy
- Conduct research and recommend conferences that align with target markets for Workforce Solutions (Talent Solutions and Government Solutions)
- Maintain the annual conference schedule, budget and expense reporting process
- Tabulate event results and prepare reports
- Identify speaking opportunities at industry conferences and work with subject matter experts and/or thought leaders to submit presentation proposals on time
- Plan and manage all aspects of the annual VINE Conference, including agenda development, presentation planning, speaker coordination, event registration, hotel reservations, pre/post event communications
- Plan and manage all aspects of channel partner events, such as the annual Partner Appreciation Event and virtual partner appreciation events and activities
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, such as hotels, restaurants, caterers and event facilities
- Oversee a wide-range of event planning details, including, but not limited to: trade show booth planning, room set ups, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, site selection, invitation lists, registration process, speakers, equipment, shipment of materials, etc.
- Maximize attendee experience while staying within budget
- Oversee events the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and managing tear-down
- Plan and schedule event-related communications with the Insights GTM team
- Anticipate and plan for different scenarios (weather, dietary restrictions, etc.)
- Select and order promotional items and gifts for customers and partners
- Collaborate with members of the Marketing team to effectively publicize and promote major industry events
- Gather and share registration/attendee lists for follow up purposes (ex: email campaigns)
- Measure channel partner satisfaction through semi-annual Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys
- Manage the VINE state marketing program order fulfillment process, which includes printed advertising materials, branded promotional products, and digital advertising orders
- Other Marketing-related duties as needed
What experience you need:
- Significant work experience as an events planner or organizer (5 years or more)
- Bachelors degree
What could set you apart:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage multiple events simultaneously
- Excellent people skills – comfortable interacting with professionals at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven willingness and ability to make positive contributions in a team environment
- Ability to collaborate and contribute recommendations to enhance Insights’ marketing programs
- Outstanding organization skills
- Creative thinker
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences and opportunities for connection through events, both in-person and virtual
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, service in the Armed Forces, protected veteran status, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status or any other status protected by law.
For US Applicants
If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please view ourEEO Policy Statement, EEO is the Law Declarations, and Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or applicant for employment, please contact us by sending an email to GTA@equifax.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Equifax participates in E-Verify and Right to Work (English and Spanish).