Automation Development Engineer
Our Automation efforts require Policy as Code (PaC) to be used in pre-deployment efforts, improving efficiency and compliance of enterprise systems. This role is part of a new squad focused on this effort leveraged by multiple teams within Technology to automate their collection of evidence and validation of compliance. You will be part of an engineering community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards and practices
What you’ll do
- Supports services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, and capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Gather architectural requirements, design and build high available, secure, scalable and fault tolerant infrastructure.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of development and production environments.
- Build highly available, cost effective systems architecture with extremely high uptime metrics.
- Establish end-to-end monitoring and alerts on critical aspects to ensure SLAs and receive proactive notifications of possible issues for systems.
What experience you need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related Software Engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience in developing automation around software deployments, compliance/security checking, and/or general efficiency improvements in DevOps/SecOps/NoOps environments with experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software including CI/CD
- 3+ years of experience working with Cloud environments (GCP / AWS / Azure) along with related infrastructure components such as VPC, DNS, firewalls, Kubernetes, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Terraform, or other related cloud management technologies such as Cloud-formation, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Git-based source code management (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket)
What could set you apart
- Experience with Cloud Custodian, Checkov, Divvy-cloud, or other rules-based compliance engines or similar cloud management platforms
- Hands on experience with DevOps, SecOps, and other low-touch, automation-oriented frameworks
- Software development best practices such as TDD (e.g. JUnit), automated testing (e.g. Gauge, Cucumber, FitNesse), continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD), Release Management and Change Control
- Cloud Certifications, Security Certifications on GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) deployment pipelines and cloud deployments
- Atlassian tooling (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders and the ability to operate across a broad and complex business unit with multiple stakeholders
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, on-site doctor, paramedics service 24/7, life insurance, gym facilities, collaborative work spaces, free transportation and parking, subsidized cafeteria, solidarity association and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, service in the Armed Forces, protected veteran status, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status or any other status protected by law.
For US Applicants
If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please view ourEEO Policy Statement, EEO is the Law Declarations, and Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or applicant for employment, please contact us by sending an email to GTA@equifax.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Equifax participates in E-Verify and Right to Work (English and Spanish).