Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
As part of our dynamic Accounting Team , the expense accountant will own the company’s accounting for its expenditures, manage the capital asset and intercompany accounting processes and lead the Treasury function.
What You’ll Do
- Accounting for Equifax Canada’s expenditures including capital, in compliance with US accounting regulations and US GAAP standards.
- Provide oversight and support to the accounting and transaction processing teams handling AP, fixed assets, payroll and general ledger.
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and period closing entries.
- Provide ownership of treasury activities including daily cash management, preparation of cash flows, issuing wires and stop payments.
- Prepare reports, including financial statements and financial analysis to support business initiatives.
- Assess and improve internal controls for the company’s expenditure process.
- Support the FP&A team with actuals for forecasting and budgeting.
- Provide occasional leadership for related projects and business initiatives.
What experience you need
- 3+ years’ accounting experience.
- University degree in accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and large data handling skills.
- Experience with Oracle Financials or similar ERP system.
- Experience working in a large intercompany environment.
What could set you apart
- Experience with Tableau, Hyperion HFM.
- Qualified accountant or pursuing (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience working for a global corporation.
- Experience improving accounting processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.