Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
As the Lead Data scientist within the Data & Analytics team at Equifax Canada, you will be critical to driving Data Science innovation, working closely with the rest of the Canadian Equifax Data Science & Insights team and the Data Science community internationally. You will partner with peers, internal stakeholders and external clients to deliver state of the art decision science models & attributes that leverage Equifax’s vast data assets. These include decision areas covering the credit lifecycle, geodemographic & marketing attributes, ratings & fraud models, as well as any new areas where data driven decision making can be informed by predictive modeling including advanced modeling techniques and machine learning. You will extract the data you need, support redesigning data modeling processes, create new algorithms and predictive models the business needs, and lead analysis of the data and sharing insights with peers.
What you’ll do
- Support the vision and strategy of Data Science for Equifax Canada (a Centre of Excellence) and develop new tools, advanced analytical techniques and products.
- Work with key clients, stakeholders to support development of proprietary analytical products, custom scores as part of co-innovation projects and effectively communicate analytical results to key stakeholders using strong data visualizations, superior presentation skills and business language to emphasize the “so what” of the analysis.
- Support redesign of the data science model development lifecycle using the latest techniques and methodologies and inventing new ones where needed.
- Project management including defining business and technical requirements, resource planning and analytical solution design.
- Provide recommendations and market insights that support solving complex business problems.
- Ensure quality control of all analytical output by junior and intermediate data scientists.
- Coach and mentor junior and intermediate data scientists in career development and data science skill-set improvement.
What experience you need
- 3+ years’ data science experience with Python, SQL, or R in a large data environment.
- In-depth understanding of advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks (including LSTMs, RNNs).
- Hands-on experience designing, building and implementing analytical solutions to solve real world problems.
- Expert ability to work with machine learning software such as scikit learn, XGBoost, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Transformers.
- Proficient at developing and leading the technical vision of an organization and working independently and closely with senior leadership to lead data science to continued success into the future.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics.
What could set you apart
- A background in financial services, telecommunications or utilities.
- Familiar with working with credit or fraud data and experience in leadership and mentorship.
- Experience with development and deployment of models in a cloud-based environment such as AWS or GCP is preferred.
- Master’s level degree in a business-related field/MBA.
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.