Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced digital forensic investigator/incident response analyst to join our US based team. You will be responsible for leading a wide range of digital investigations, with a primary focus on Incident Response host based forensics. Your duties will also include host based forensics in support of investigations, E-Discovery collections support, Incident Response support, process development, evidence management, and business continuity support. Our ideal candidate is an experienced forensic professional with demonstrable investigative and digital forensic skills from either a Law Enforcement / Military or corporate setting.
What you will do:
- Lead Forensic investigations, working with minimal supervision and guidance
- Conduct investigations into malware infections, system intrusions, and policy violations
- Provide host based forensic incident response capabilities globally by leveraging a mix of enterprise forensic solutions both onsite and remotely over the network
- Conduct efficient cyber forensics investigations and coordinate response activities to minimize impact of cyber events to core company functions and business units
- Exercise cyber incident response processes and ensure continuous improvement of forensics procedures and technologies
- Continuously adapt forensics and response capabilities as well as train junior DFIR staff in efficient and effective forensics techniques and response processes. Acquire infected machines and then detect the artifacts and impact of exploitation through process, file, memory, and log analysis
- Provide detailed endpoint analysis on various operating systems
- Use memory dumps and memory analysis tools to determine an attacker's activities on a machine, the malware installed, and other machines the attacker used as pivot points across the network
- Use memory analysis, incident response, and threat hunting tools to detect hidden processes, malware, attacker command lines, rootkits, network connections, and more
- Identify artifact and evidence locations to answer critical questions, including application execution, file access, data theft, external device usage, cloud services, anti-forensics, and detailed system usage
- Hunt and respond to advanced adversaries such as nation-state actors, organized crime, and hacktivists
- Target advanced adversary anti-forensics techniques like hidden and time-stomped malware, along with utility-ware used to move in the network and maintain an attacker's presence
- As part of this role, candidates may be expected to travel internationally as well as domestically although the travel frequency has been historically less than 10%
What experience you will need:
- 4+ years of Incident Response, Digital Forensics or Host-based Forensic Analysis Experience
- Experience with Digital Forensics tools such as EnCase, FTK, Sleuth Kit, Autopsy, Sift Workstation, Macquisition, Cellebrite, etc.
- Forensic Analysis experience with various Operating Systems (Windows, MAC, Linux, Android and iOS)
- Familiar with individual forensic utilities in Linux such as Volatility, Remnux, GREP Log2Timeline etc.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, relationship management and leadership skills
- Self-directed and able to perform tasks without supervision
- Valid U.S. Passport
What could set you apart:
Certification(s) Preferred: in ACE, EnCE, CFCE, CCME, GCFA and GCFE
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.