Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Equifax engineering principles.
SRE is also an engineering approach to building and running production systems – we engineer solutions to operational problems. As SREs are responsible for overall system operation, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad set of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems, proactive identification, and prevention of potential outages.
Our SRE culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Equifax brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to build an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn, grow and take pride in our work.
What You’ll Do
- You will engage in and improve the software development lifecycle – from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
- You will influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems
- You will support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
- You will maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
- You will automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
- You will practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless postmortems
- You will remediate tasks within corrective action plan via sustainable, preventative, and automated measures whenever possible
What experience you need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent job experience required
- 3+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud (GCP or AWS)
- 3 +years of experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
- 3 + years of experience in Python and Bash languages
- 1+ years of experience with systems, storage, networking, security and databases
- 1+years of experience with Linux/Centos System Administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and/or containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- 1 + years of experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
What could set you apart
- Linux/Centos automation and orchestration Ansible, Salt Stack
- You have experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- You have expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You take a system problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You have experience managing Infrastructure with Terraform
- You are passionate for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible
- You’ve built software or maintained systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
- You thrive in and have experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.