Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Provide subject matter expertise (*) to the sales function during all phases of the sales cycle (lead generation, assessment of client’s needs, solutions design, proposal preparation, products/solutions presentations/training, and client support and relationship management throughout solution delivery/implementation)
(*) Subject matter expertise:
- Main specialization: fraud prevention solutions in the digital channels, both from a business and from a technical standpoints.
- Open to provide SME in credit & risk through a learning process within the Solutions Designer team.
- May also be engaged to resolve product/service technical issues post-sales and to maximize the benefits derived from the organization's products and/or services. Majority of time is spent on customer consulting related tasks to help close and finalize the sale, as well as consulting internally as client projects are transitioned to implementation and fulfillment teams.
- In line with the previous point, this role implies providing inputs to Product Managers for a product design activity aligned with market requirements.
- In short, the key responsibilities are:
- Analyze and design technological solutions identified as customers’ need, and control the solutions implementation stage.
- Cooperate in creation and innovation of value-added products that generate new economic resources for Equifax.
- Create communication link between customers and the areas involved in solution development to meet customers' requirements and delivery times.
- Train Sales areas & customers on new products, products updates and modifications or specialized topics in order to create added value for the customer.
What experience you need (7 or less requirements recommended)
- More than 10 years of experience with global clients in consulting and pre-sales activities related to fraud prevention solutions in the digital channels, demonstrating business and technical knowledge.
- Wide experience in leading meetings with global clients in English: full professional level required.
- Experience in Data & Analytics and Credit Risk is not mandatory but is desirable
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.