Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
Equifax is seeking creative, high-energy, diverse and driven software engineers with hands-on development skills to work on a variety of meaningful projects. Our software engineering positions provide you the opportunity to join a team of talented engineers working with leading-edge technology. You are ideal for this position if you are a forward-thinking, committed, and enthusiastic software engineer who is passionate about technology.
What You’ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and work you're doing
- You have the ability to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- You will need extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
- You are part of a community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Depending on level, you may work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the team
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
What experience you need
BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required
3+ years’ experience in Java and Springboot development
1+ year cloud native development
What could set you apart
You have detailed knowledge of modern software development life cycles including CI / CD, Source code control management systems (e.g. SVN/Git, Subversion) and build tools like Maven, Design patterns, Agile environments (e.g. Scrum, XP), containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
Experience in Relational / No sql databases , Software development best practices such as TDD
Proficient in microservices development patterns , microservices integration patterns
You are interested and able to learn other coding languages as needed
You can write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
You have experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
You adore working in a fast paced and agile development environment
You have the ability to operate across a broad and complex business unit with multiple stakeholders
You are a self-starter, highly motivated, and have a real passion for actively learning and researching new methods of work and new technology
You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
- Design patterns
- Automated Testing: JUnit, Selenium, LoadRunner, SoapUI
- Experience in Cloud services is preferred. Working knowledge in Google Cloud Platform is desirable
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.