Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
Equifax is seeking creative, high-energy, diverse and driven software engineers with hands-on development skills to work on a variety of meaningful projects. Our software engineering positions provide you the opportunity to join a team of talented engineers working with leading-edge technology. You are ideal for this position if you are a forward-thinking, committed, and enthusiastic software engineer who is passionate about technology.
What You’ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will need extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
- You are part of a community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- You have a real passion for innovation! Any experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc. will help us on our exciting journey
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Depending on level, you may work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the team
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
What experience you need
BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Field or equivalent job experience required
7+ years’ hands on experience in Information Technology Core Java Development J2EE, Microservices)
2+ years of experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop or Big Data, NoSQL databases
5 + years of experience on Apache Tomcat and related technologies.
2 + years of experience working with orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes) and 2 years of experience in GCP or AWS.
What could set you apart
Very comfortable with most POSIX commands, Linux scripting like Python, Shell scripting.
Software development best practices such as TDD (e.g. JUnit), continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CI/CD), Postman and similar tools
Experience in big-scale Batch Application Platforms
Domain knowledge of Credit file, Inquiries, user of Credit data, Models, Scores, attributes. Financial services
You have solid hands-on experience on Secure Software Development Life Cycles and working with diverse technology platforms
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.