The Unemployment Insurance Consultant functions as the primary client contact for the gathering of separation information and investigation of claims. This position acts as the primary contact between the client companies and state unemployment agencies and is responsible for receiving, analyzing and responding to unemployment claim-related documents within predetermined time limits.
What you’ll do :
• Receive and prioritize claims, questionnaires, determinations and other unemployment related data. Analyze individual case information by reviewing data accessed through the PC, from the investigative telephone calls or document images, to determine if the facts warrant a response.
• Using the details regarding an employee’s separation provided by the client, interpret and apply state laws and regulations in response to unemployment documents.
• Initiate timely telephone calls, faxes or emails to the customer to obtain, document or pass along needed information.
• Verify and analyze client information stored on the PC prior to calling the client to ensure that each call is focused and complete and customer satisfaction is achieved.
• Document details of client calls while on the phone, inputting this directly into the PC via keyboard for future review. Investigates and resolves any client concerns with supervisor, other departments and/or Account Managers in a timely manner.
What experience you need:
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years customer service related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1 year previous office experience with an emphasis on customer service, organization of work duties and performing job functions independently
What could set you apart :
• Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and decision making abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle a high volume of work and work under deadlines
• Ability to follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Previous experience or familiarity with Unemployment Insurance and the Unemployment Claims process
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.