As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will complete tax planning projects that require account registrations and closures, experience transfers, name/entity changes, wage base recoveries and rate revisions.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to perform historical client audits which include, but is not limited to: historical account investigations, review of corporate changes and payroll records
- Wage base/Professional Employer Organization (PEO) recoveries Payroll/Quarterly Contribution report amendments
- Complete tax compliance projects which may require account registrations, closures and address updates, tax rate experience transfer requests, agency follow up for paperwork status and/or refund
- Execute simple engagement letters and complete tax Sales Information Forms (SIF)
- Complete Change of Client Legal Entity Status and Internal System Change Forms
What experience you need
Worked as a Payroll Tax Consultant; or have 3+ years of payroll tax or unemployment tax experience
- Have a Finance/Accounting degree with 2-3 years of professional experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
What could set you apart
- Project management/tracking experience preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus
- Good communication skills
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.