The Data Engineer will use their analytic and technical skills to drive insights into consumer behavior and core Equifax processes by designing, developing and improving core data quality through big data, analytics and business intelligence tools and platforms. They will work with internal business and technology groups to design complex ad hoc and prototype analyses using Equifax data assets. This is an exciting opportunity to use in-depth data analysis to empower innovation and create new revenue.
What you’ll do
○ Utilize data handling/profiling/mining tools to support a proactive data quality monitoring program focusing on business intelligence and analytics applications
○ Collaborate with Business Analysts to develop and test business rules for the correct handling and usage of data, including developing metrics and reports
○ Present reports to all levels of management to summarize analytic projects, data quality and usage metrics, and data integration intelligence
○ Execute ad hoc data analyses in response to business requests
○ Lead design and execution of complex projects and proofs of concept combining currently available data with new data sources
○ Independently carry out validations and analysis projects
○ Evaluate new analytic tools and techniques and mentor team members in their use
○ Review end-to-end deliverables of analytical solutions to ensure proper use and quality results
○ Create detailed documentation outlining design and technical specifications ○ Participate in collaborative software and system design and development for new platforms, products and services.
What experience you need
● Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field like information management, statistics, engineering, mathematics, operations research or related field. ● 2+ years of Analytics experience.
● 2+ years experience in Data Wrangling, Data Engineering or related roles in Big Data ecosystem and/or distributed computing along with extensive analytic programming and automation skills such as Hive, Python, R or SQL.
● 1+ years experience with BI tools like Spotfire or Tableau with the ability to design and architect underlying infrastructure supported by Big Data ecosystems. ● 1+ years of hands-on experience in Cloud technologies, ideally Google Cloud Platform, in performing analysis using Google BigQuery, and other Google Cloud Platform technologies.
What could set you apart
● Scripting experience with PySpark/JAVA/C++ or similar
● Strong aptitude and proven ability to develop data-driven solutions to meet business objectives
● Experience deriving insight from large amounts (terabytes) of diverse customer data using analytical and visual techniques.
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks. If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.