Equifax is looking for a Data Scientist for its headquarters in Madrid. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background in Advanced Analytics and Data Science, and passionate about the development of innovative projects. Ideally the candidate will have experience in managing client projects, and supporting sales teams in offering analytics-oriented solutions.
What you’ll do
- Reporting to the Head of Data Science and Data and Analytics Innovation, your main objectives will be to:
- use cutting-edge statistical techniques to develop innovative projects based on data and analytics, with a focus on the fields of Credit Risk Management, Finance (including Open Banking), Marketing, and Fraud Detection
- demonstrate to Equifax clients the power of our analytics solutions based on Machine Learning and Big Data
- Use agile methodologies to accelerate the development of new products and prototypes
- Have the creativity and technical knowledge to translate business requirements into mathematical solutions
- Use data-driven story-telling and visualisation to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Support the migration of our analytical teams and platforms to the cloud
The profiles we’re ideally interested in are those who are comfortable coding in Python, proficient in developing statistical models, and who are capable of translating business requirements into mathematical solutions. What we offer is the opportunity to work in an ambitious team, in an international environment, with flexible conditions and many opportunities to grow.
What experience you
- High level of English
- University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial and Financial Disciplines, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or Physics
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Science and Big Data projects, in the development of analytical solutions, segmentation analysis, scoring models, etc.
- Experience in the field of credit risk management, either in marketing processes or in a credit information services company, will be highly valued
- Experience in some of the different vertical markets where Equifax operates (Financial Institutions, Telco, Utilities, Retail, Insurance, SME)
- Python (required)
- SQL, with experience in distributed databases such as Hive
- experience in developing Machine Learning models
- cloud-based analytics environments (GCP, AWS)
- processing of structured and unstructured data
- agile methodologies
What could set you apart
- Alpha-beta testing
- Professional experience in a Product-Owner role
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.