Working in our Employment Tax Services team, you will act as a point of contact for both clients and state agencies, helping with administration for our client unemployment accounts across the United States.
What you’ll do:
- You will accurately produce and verify system generated client letters, rate projections, tax rate notices, and annual reports
- You will investigate and resolve state debit/credit notices and miscellaneous documents and send them to the client
- You will update the TALX client database (i.e. add-ons, client changes, etc.) and serve as a liaison between clients, state agencies, and field operations
- Ability to comprehend and complete Change of Status (COS) form and lay-off/claims impact study with a Manager’s assistance
- You will accurately complete unemployment and withholding registration and transfer paperwork for 1-2 assigned states
What experience you need
- You have an Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role within a professional office environment (e.g. corporate customer service, help desk, etc.)
- You have an aptitude for mathematics, the ability to comprehend technical information, and can apply these skills in a professional setting
- You have the ability to provide exceptional customer service, while handling dated materials and adhering to strict deadlines
- You will need to be resourceful, with the ability and initiative to research issues and escalate as necessary
- You have experience in maintaining data and spreadsheets and the ability to pick up new systems quickly
What could set you apart
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in tax planning and with verification of tax rates preferred
- Understanding of a Quarterly Contribution Report (QCR) and how it is used
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and are able to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and prioritization skills, including a proven ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office PC applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.